Peanut butter cups are not paleo but guess what – Nut Butter Cups are 100% paleo and here is the recipe:
- 1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (Sunbutter, Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line a cupcake pan with silicone cupcake liners.
2. Melt your chocolate chips. What I find works best is to put the chocolate chips in a large stainless steel bowl over a boiling pot of water and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Then take a spoon sized dollop of melted chocolate and put it in the bottom of the silicone liners. Use the spoon to coat the bottom and sides of the liners by spreading the chocolate around and kind of twirling the cup lightly around the spoon. Coat the bottom and the sides well, I went halfway up the sides of my silicone liners. Then place the pan in the freezer to harden while you prepare your nut butter filling.
4. Put the nut butter, coconut oil, raw honey, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor and mix until combined.
5. After your chocolate has hardened in the freezer, put a dollop of nut butter filling into the center of the cups and freeze again for about 30 minutes.
6. After your nut butter filling is solid use a spoon to coat the tops with the rest of the melted chocolate (by this point you may need to re-melt your chocolate if it’s started to harden, no biggie). Then place in the freezer again until hard.
7. Store nut butter cups in the refrigerator between stuffing your face with them. Enjoy!