A few weeks ago we received an email from Lynnzie. We love when you share your paleo recipes with us.
Send us your favorite paleo diet recipes (and photos) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paleo Spicy Soup
by Lynnzie, Scotland UK
Ingredients (4 hearty servings):
- 2 tsb olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 medium courgettes, quartered lengthways & roughly sliced
- 4 large sticks celery, roughly sliced
- 2 large tomato, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/2 to 2/4 teaspoonful curry powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoonful freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoonful sea salt (or to taste)
- 3 pints vegetable or chicken stock
- Put the oil in a medium pan over a medium heat until the oil is hot.
- Add the chopped onion and stir. Turn the heat down to low and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add all the chopped vegetables to the pan stir and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure it does not burn.
- Add the curry powder, ground black pepper and salt and stir thoroughly.
- Add the stock. Stir, turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Then turn down the heat to very low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are just cooked. Careful not to cook the vegetable to a mush.
- Remove from the heat and give the soup a quick whiz with a hand held blender. Don’t over-blend, try and keep some texture to the soup.
- Adjust seasoning and serve!