- 1/2 lb chicken pieces
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3 large garlic bulbs, separated into cloves and peeled
- 2/3 cup dy white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 4-5 freshy thyme sprigs, or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 small freesh rosemary sprig, or a pinch of dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- some salt and ground black paper
Chicken with Garlic recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Pat the chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken, slin side down, in a lagge flameproof casserole and set over a medium-high heat. Cook, turning frequently, until browned, then transfer the chicken to a plate. Cook the chicken pieces in batches, if necessary, then pour off and discard the gat after browning.
- Add the onion and garlic to the casserole, cover and cook overa medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until lighthly browned
- Add the wine, bring to the boil, then return the chicken to the casserole. Add the stock and herbs and brind back to the boil. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear when the thickest part of thight is pierced with a knife.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the casserole and strain the cooking liquid. Discard the herbs, transfer solids to a blender or food processor and process until smoooth. Remove and discard any fat from the cooking liquid and return to the casserole. Remove and discard the skin from the chicken pieces, then return the chicken to the casserole and reheat gently for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Download The Paleo Recipe Book and you will get:
- over 370 recipes
- 395 pages
- full oof photos
- instant access e-book